An Israeli air strike has killed at least five police officers and a 13-year-old boy, Gaza police say, as Israel continues its attacks across the Gaza Strip despite the “ceasefire” in place.
Reporters from Gaza City on Saturday, said that the police officers were killed on the spot, and according to sources at al-Shifa Hospital, at least one civilian on a nearby street was also killed. At least 10 others were wounded.
The incident comes amid continued violence across Gaza despite ongoing ceasefire discussions. Palestinian health officials say hundreds of Palestinians have been killed in Israeli operations since the truce began, while Israel says it continues striking militant targets and responding to security threats.
In a statement, the Gaza police directorate said two missiles had hit a police post in the at-Twam area in northern Gaza.
The missile strike on a police post comes as the 10,000-strong police force in Gaza has emerged as a sticking point in talks to advance United States President Donald Trump’s plan for Gaza.
The war that Israel launched following the October 7, 2023, attack by Hamas was halted by a ceasefire on October 10, 2025, but the Israeli military has carried out almost daily attacks on Gaza since then and maintains a strict security regime.
Israel’s genocidal war on the enclave has now killed at least 72,775 Palestinians, with 883 people killed since the ceasefire came into effect.
The bodies of eight Palestinians, along with 29 wounded people, arrived at hospitals across Gaza in the past 48 hours, according to the Gaza Health Ministry.
The attacks on Gaza’s police force further threaten the distribution of aid while the Palestinian enclave continues to struggle with a humanitarian crisis.
Discover more from LN247
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

