Some of African Football Club’s senior executives and Club Chairpersons will travel to Cairo, Egypt to attend the launch of the African Club Association (“ACA”) on Thursday, 30 November 2023.
The launch will be attended by a number of delegations including the CAF President, Dr Patrice Motsepe at Marriot Mena House, Cairo starting at 11h00.
The ACA meeting will be followed by a press conference to be addressed by CAF President together with ACA members to be streamed live on CAF platforms.
The African Club Association aims to bring together stakeholders from across the African football landscape, fostering collaboration, innovation, and excellence within the continent’s club football scene.
The kick-off meeting between African Clubs and CAF President Dr Motsepe was held on 05 October 2023. Dr Motsepe briefed the African Club Chairmen about the formation of the African Club Association whose objectives includes to:
- protect and promote the interest of African Football Clubs
- ensure that African Football Clubs are commercially viable, globally competitive and profitable
- ensure that Referees, Match Commissioners and VAR operators are respected, credible, independent and world-class
- build partnerships with sponsors, the private sector and Governments to build stadiums that comply with CAF and FIFA standards and other football infrastructure and facilities in each of the 54 CAF Member Associations
- develop African youth talent, academies for Boys and Girls and improve the quality of African Club football to be world class.