Sunday, May 19, 2024

Anambra attack: U.S Embassy Confirms Rescue of Staff

The United States (U.S) Embassy in Abuja have confirmed the rescue of two of its employees declared missing in attacks on its convoy which claimed seven lives in Anambra State.

The Anambra Police Command had earlier on Friday announced the rescue of the two Embassy Staff.

In a statement made available to journalists on Friday in Abuja, the US Embassy said the victims were under the protection of the Nigerian authorities in Anambra.

The statement said that the U.S government was working intensively to bring to book the perpetrators of the crime.

U.S. Embassy In Kabul Urges Americans To Leave Afghanistan

According to it, two U.S. Mission employees missing since the May 16 attack in Anambra state are alive and safe, and under the protection of Nigerian authorities in Anambra.

 “We have informed their families of their safe recovery. U.S. Mission personnel are on their way to meet and accompany them home.

“We continue to work intensively with the Nigerian security and law enforcement on this matter, to identify the victims previously found, and to bring to justice those responsible for this heinous attack.

“We welcome any information the public may have in this regard.

“We are deeply grateful for the partnership and solidarity of the Nigerian government and Nigerian security and law enforcement colleagues and mourn with them for those who died in the attack.”

On May 16, a convoy of a U.S vehicle was attacked by gunmen in Atani, Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State while the team was on a mission.

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

For Advert Placements, Email: info@ln247.news

Latest Articles