A former Presidential Advisor says former President Donald Trump plans to return to social media soon, using his own platform after being banned from Twitter and other outlets.
Jason Miller, who held senior posts in both of Trump’s presidential campaigns Donald Trump will likely return to social Media in about two or three months to completely redefine the Game.
He said everybody would be waiting and watching to see what exactly president Trump will do in the coming months but that it would be on his own terms.
He added that his new platform is going to be big, and that he would bring millions and millions of people to this new platform. Miller provided no other details, nor did he say if he will be personally involved.
Donald Trump’s use of social media was a defining feature of his presidency, drawing 88 million followers to Twitter and using his tweets to announce personnel changes or significant policy shifts.
But Twitter permanently suspended his account after claiming he used it to encourage people to take part in the rally that turned into the violent storming of the US Capitol on January 6.
Trump was also banned, temporarily or permanently, by other major platforms including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat.
Since leaving Washington, the former president has kept a relatively low profile, largely relegated to issuing occasional news releases but Miller said Trump had been hard at work.
Despite Trump’s defeat in November by Democrat Joe Biden, he remains influential in the Republican Party and has not ruled out a third run for president in 2024.