Apple has decided to bend rather than break.

The tech giant will now offer alternative payment systems on its app store in South Korea.

This is to comply with a new local law restricting app store operators from forcing developers to use their own in-app payment systems.

If a customer bought an app from apple’s app store, the firm takes a service charge of up to 30 percent, leaving developers with only 70 percent of the purchase price.

This was a great cash cow for apple, with industry watchers estimating that the firm earned up to 25.7 billion U.S. dollars globally with the service charge last year.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here